Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I am Obsessed with Wimbledon


Anyone who has been reading my blog - knows that I am obsessed with Wimbledon. I can't help it - something about the grass, white tennis clothes and strawberries and cream. 

I have actually been to the U.S. Open and I was lucky enough to attend the second week - so I saw the quarterfinal, semifinal and final matches. The U.S. Open is spectacular and I thoroughly enjoyed it! There is nothing like a New York crowd at a sporting event! But I really want to go to Wimbledon. 

The above photo is from the glam.co.uk website and it is a photo of an afternoon tea Wimbledon style at the Royal Horseguard Hotel in Whitehall. The tea includes homemade tennis ball truffles filled with champagne jelly, strawberry or mint ganache. They also have Wimbledon logo cupcakes, fresh cream, strawberries and scones. All of tea treats are served with a pot of traditional English tea.

This tea is only available during the tournament.  At the bottom of the post you can click on other hotel Wimbledon teas and they are also amazing. When I go to Wimbledon I am definitely going to a Wimbledon tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment