Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tennis Bracelets




This is my favorite tennis bracelet. It is from Tiffany and the actual title is the Tiffany Jazz bracelet. The round brilliant diamonds are set in platinum. And it can be your for the small sum of $17,250.

Many professional tennis players wear jewelry when they play matches - I admire this although I play only wearing small diamond earrings. Necklaces, watches, rings and bracelets bother me when I play tennis. I have enough issues with my tennis game!

Why is a diamond bracelet nicknamed "tennis bracelet?' I mean jewelry is never named after a sport - right?

Chris Evert was playing a tennis match in 1987 and she was wearing an expensive bracelet featuring a string of individually set diamonds. The diamonds were glittering in the sunlight. When the clasp broke she asked the officials to stop the match until the bracelet could be found. Since that day bracelets featuring a row of diamonds have been called tennis bracelets. Tennis players and non-tennis players all wear tennis bracelets. They look fantastic for dressy occasions or with jeans and a t-shirt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment