Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Recommended Tennis Movie "Wimbledon"

A great tennis movie is "Wimbledon" with Kristen Dunst and Paul Bettany. I love the white tennis clothes that they wear at Wimbleton they are so clean looking and elegant. Okay so Kristen Dunst plays a rising tennis star who falls for a long shot British contender Paul Bettany (a wildcard entry) who  decides to recapture his focus for tennis. The families of both players add a super fun side story.  I really wanted to see this movie in the theater, but we never were able to see it (I was so sad). So one day when I wasn't feeling well my husband bought me the DVD!





The story was inspired by Goran Ivanisevic, a Croatian tennis player who won Wimbledon  in 2001, becoming the only player to win men's singles at Wimbledon with a wildcard entry.

John McEnroe and Chris Evert have roles as court commentators. Pat Cash was the tennis advisor on set and trained the actors.

Some scenes were filmed during the championships in 2003 between matches. It is the only time in the history of the tournament that this has been allowed.

I have seen this movie in the $5.00 rack at Target - pick it up - you will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment